The Dimmick Memorial Library and other libraries in the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC) are pleased to announce that starting September 1, 2021, we will no longer charge late fees for books and other items.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Due Dates: All items still have due dates and a limited number of renewals. Borrowing times will remain the same: Most books and audiobooks for 3 weeks, high demand books for 2-weeks and, DVDs for 1-week loans. You can renew most items 2 times.
- Lost Items: Items that are 28 days overdue are marked as lost in the system, and you’ll be charged replacement costs and processing fees as usual. If you return the lost item before paying the replacement cost, we’ll waive that charge. However, we can’t refund money that you’ve already paid, even if you return the book later.
- Exceptions: You may have to pay overdue fees for Interlibrary Loans, which are materials we borrow from libraries outside our system. Also, some of our libraries have special collections like museum passes, STEM kits, and musical instruments that may charge overdue fees. If you’re checking out materials besides books, DVDs, or CDs, you can ask the owning library if overdue fees apply.
- Past Overdue Fines: Starting September 1, the library can waive any overdue fines on your account from any past materials, apart from the exceptions listed above.
- Other Charges: You will still be charged other fees for things like lost and damaged items. We won’t waive any old fees except for overdue items.
- Blocked Accounts: Your library account is blocked if it has $10 or more in fees, including fees from lost materials. No items can be checked out until this amount is settled. It will also prevent you from using some resources in certain libraries, including databases.